I am a bit nervous for the spinal instead of general anesthesia...ugh....guess they will block my entire leg with a femoral sort of paralyzing block, too...freaky!
So, I have decided to name my new knee. Since I am going to have a long relationship with this new foreign alien within my body, it should be named....I am taking suggestions! The winner will get a new sports car worth hundreds of dollars!! $$ I kind of like "R2-D2"....sort of short, metal, very smart and loyal...anyone??
In advance, thank thank thank you all for the support and concern! I have had so many great phone calls tonight and well wishers---I couldn't back to everyone...I was too busy trying to water plants, pack up Kiva, pack up Julie for 10 days, do bills, blah blah blah....but...each one of your calls and emails means SO much to me! I am surrounded by THE BEST!!
Ok--time to jump in the shower---though, I can't shave my legs....eeeks! they don't want any little nicks and scratches that might get infection! oh my! gotta quit drinking, eating, and being by midnight! Cross your paws!! hugs to all, Julie
Monday, June 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
POST SURGERY UPDATE; Norm called me to say Julie was out of surgery at about 10:30am. The surgery went well. Julie is in room 216. The direct phone number is 801.314.8216. I spoke with Julie a few minutes ago (at about 12:45). she said the surgeon said the damage was more severe than they had thought, so they felt Julie's decision to have the surgery was a great one, as it really was necessary. The spinal block worked very well and Julie is pretty alert all things concerned (much better than general anesthesia). Norm and Connie are there with her now. Julie sounds groggy but good!
ReplyDeleteJewels, I know that everyone is different, but I remember how incredibly awful I felt those first 3 days after surgery. I was so sick, nauseous, headache that would kill...I didn't want to talk to or look at anyone for that matter. I just want you to know that you have been in my thoughts, but I wanted to leave you alone for the reason above. So glad that the surgery went so well and that you got confirmation about the decision to do this. Will talk and see you soon. Love, Ann
ReplyDelete