Whew...it is June 6th...and I am still alive and kickin! On the 2nd, when Dr Momberger got "under my skin" he could see why I was in so much pain....lots of swelling in soft tissue and in the bone...it was NOT a pretty left knee! Surgery went well and I did not have much bleeding at all (I take credit for my good subconscience meditation about that!). Monday afternoon, when they tried to get me to stand up, I puked all over everyone....sorry....
I was truly puking for those first two days straight....couldn't keep anything down, including the pain meds....so I was NOT having any fun...Tuesday was even worse...I just felt lousy. Started feeling better as the week progressed....was going to miss my great single private room at the new TOSH facility...but they kicked me out on Friday night....
I am now at Healthsouth Rehab...it's okay....sharing a room is not my favorite--and the food is, well, you know hospital food....but the rehab therapists are good and my laptop is up and running....oh yipppee!!! I have had plenty of fabulous flowers!YUM! and wonderful sweet visitors! Including my cute little Kiva girl who came by last night with Katz....Kiva was right at home! I am doing okay....I just want to be slow and take my time so I don't dive into any of this too fast and ruin the good that has been done with this surgery. slow slow slow.
I am not sure how any of this blog stuff really works....if anyone knows, plz tell me!! I know people can "subscribe" to my posts, but I want people to be able to write back....anyone knows how that works?? thanx for the love support and prayers...julie and the new knee....
PS: I still am struggling with what I want to name my new knee....I am taking suggestions!!! anyone?
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
JULIE..you are being so brave and creative with such a difficult situation. Love you! Heidi
ReplyDeleteHey.. looks like you have figured out how to blog.. you just do it.. I think. Get well soon.. we need to you to come back out and make turns (or screw that just go straight) for the ski and snowboard club. TTYL. Scotty aka Scott
ReplyDeletecall it Julie's Angaknee.
ReplyDeletehope you are feeling better, you arn't missing much outside, it's cold, wet and windy.
love ya, Keith
Julie Angela: you are a champ. hope you keep on feeling better everyday - do pace yourself, though. love you to pieces, rb
ReplyDeleteI am so happy about the new name for your knee- XENA (as in Warrior Princess). You are brilliant and I welcome her to the family. xoxo Seestah Heidi
ReplyDelete